"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." - Charles Mingus

dinsdag 6 oktober 2026

Stadsbewoners / City dwellers

Soms zie je een stempel waarbij je meteen zoveel ideeën hebt... en dit was er zo een... Op een van de stempeldonderdagmiddagen heb ik deze stempel meegenomen en ben ermee aan de slag gegaan. Ik was eerst van plan gewoon de stempel een keer te gebruiken en 'm dan op te ruimen tot een andere keer, maar dan zou het een hele tijd duren voor ik wat van mijn andere ideeën op papier zou krijgen, dus heb ik een serie van 4 projecten gemaakt. Ik heb geprobeerd met dezelfde soort dingen (de stempel, aquarelpapier, inkt, een kwast en water en een afbeelding van een persoon) verschillende dingen tot uiting te brengen...
Dit is de eerste:

Sometmes you come across a stamp that instantly sparks so many ideas... and this was one of them. I took the stamp along to one of my stamping Thursday afternoons and got to work with it. I planned to just used the stamp once and put it away for another time, but that would have meant a long wait begore I could bring my other ideas to life. So instead, I created a series of four projects. I tried to express something different with the same basic elements (the stamp, watercolorpaper, ink, a brush and water, and an image of a person.
Here is the first one:




Gebruikte materialen:
Used materials:
Stempels: Whimpsy Stamps
Inkt: Versafine Clair Nocturne, DO Black soot, Ground expresso, Fired brick and Mermaid lagoon
Overige: Aquarelpapier, kwast en water, 'city girl' afbeelding en tekststicker



Creatieve groetjes,

Gerrina


Met dit project doe ik mee bij:
I am entering this project at:
Ellibelle's I spy with my little eye...: #39 Added text
Pattie's Creations Design challenge: #247 Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesdaychallenge: Anything goes
Pammie's Inky Pinky challenges: #2640 Anything goes
Art Journal Journey: Beautiful world

14 opmerkingen:

  1. Wonderful streetscape you have created Gerrina, and the woman as the focal point is really eye-catching. Love it
    Blessings
    Maxine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow mooi Gerrina! Mooie lay-out: 1/3 achtergrond - stadsbeeld en daarvoor de dame. Ik vind het prachtig!
    grtjs Yvette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love the background city scene and focal woman.
    Carol x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Fabulous street scene stamp , beautifully water coloured, great design with perfect positioning of the person to draw the eye in.
    Thanks for joining i at We Love Stamping
    Chris
    x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. It's a very atmospheric scenic card Gerrina, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Ik zag de serie ontstaan en zag gelijk hoe bijzonder die werd! Ze kunnen zò aan de muur, echt een blikvanger!
    Grt,
    Josje.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Well done for creating an interesting scene!
    We're always thrilled to see each entry arrive in our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create.
    We do hope you'll return!
    Wishing you the very best of luck with your entry.
    Warm Wishes, Jackie,
    DT member at 613 xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Just my kind of card. I love the scene you created. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Thanks also for sharing with us at We Love Stamping.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Striking card, beautiful water color scene and the image of a person really makes it shine! Glad you shared with us at Allsorts challenge!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Oh wow, Gerrina! Your first project using your new stamp is absolutely amazing—I love everything about it, especially the woman who pops off the page!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Beautiful page, Gerrina! Thank you for entering my challenge at Art Journal Journey.
    Hugs,
    Mia
    Co-administrator for AJJ

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I can see why this stamp gives you so many ideas. It's a great image. It's makes the perfect page for Mia's AJJ challenge. Thanks for joining in Gerrina. hugs-Erika

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Bedankt voor je berichtje! Ik lees ze elke keer met veel plezier.
Thanks for your comment! I read them with great pleasure.

Creatieve groetjes, Gerrina