"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." - Charles Mingus

donderdag 31 oktober 2019

Wolf en Noorderlicht / Wolf and Aurora Borealis

Ik was zo blij toen ik vorige week deze wolf-stempel binnenkreeg! Ik vind 'm mooi. En, ik geloof niet dat ik een wolf-stempel had, dus dat is een heerlijke aanvulling voor mijn stempelcollectie.
Maar toen, hoe ga ik die gebruiken? Ik heb een tijdje terug een vlog gezien over het noorderlicht, dus leek me het mooi die te proberen te maken in een van mijn Art Journals. Het leek me handig om daar m'n zwarte Art Journal voor te gebruiken. Maar het heeft natuurlijk ook nadelen om op zwart te werken met inkt... Met het resultaat ben ik niet tevreden, maar best een leuk effect met de Oxides. En ik heb letterstickers gebruikt die ik al zo lang had. Dus heb ik de wolf-stempel nog een tweede keer op een créme ondergrond gebruikt. Deze keer maakte ik een donkere nacht waarin de maan wel een rol speelt.
Het resultaat van beide ondergronden zie je hieronder in omgekeerde volgorde.

I was so happy when I recieved this wolf-stamp last week! I think it is beautiful. And, I think that I don't have a wulf-stamp in my stash, so it is a great extension of my stampcollection. 
But than I wondered how to use this stamp? I saw a vlog last week about the Aurora Borealis, so it seemed a good idea to try and make that in one of my Art Journals. And I thought that it would be easier to work on black, but, that has its problems by worink on it with ink... I didn't ink the part of the moon from this stamp. 
I am not totally pleased with the result, but think the Oxide ink gives a fun effect. And I used some letterstickers that I have for a long time. So I used the wolf-stamp on créme for my 2nd piece. This time I made a dark night with the moon playing it;s rol.
The results of both background are below in reverse order.





Gebruikte materialen:
Used materials:
Stempels: Crafty Individuals CI-528 en CI-453
Inkt: Versafine Onyx black, DI Black soot, Weathered wood, Dusty Concord,Wild honey, Rusrt hinge en Picket fence
Overige: Art Journal, blendingtool en ronde blendingtool, waterpen en water, zwarte en witte gelpen





Gebruikte materialen:
Used materials:
Stempels: Crafty Individuals CI-528
Inkt: DO Wild honey, Memento lux Wedding dress, Versamark en koper EP, DO Twisted citron, Squeezed lemonade, Cracked pistachio en Wilted viloet
Overige: Zwart Art Journal, waterpen, kwast en water, letterstickers



Creatieve groetjes,
Gerrina


Met de 1e kaart doe ik mee bij:
I am entering the first card at:
Country Vieuw Challenges: Bokeh
Simon Says Stamp Mondaychallenge: Art Journal
Allsorts Challenge: #540 Make your own background/no DP
Watercooler Wednesday: WWC245 Anything goes
Shopping our Stash: #407 Haloween
SSS Work it wednesday: Fall

Met de 2e kaart doe ik mee bij:
I am entering the second card at:
Art Journal Journey: Dream
Addicted To Stamps and more: #365 Photo inspiration

17 opmerkingen:

  1. These are both beautiful Gerrina! I love your new stamp, and the way you've created the bokeh background and the Northern lights for him. Thank you so much for joining in with my challenge at Country View Crafts, and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Stunning work Gerrina - love how you have used your new stamp, and have created a couple of stunning, atmospheric pages
    Blessings
    Maxine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great page! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. De bovenste kaart vind ik heel mooi met de wolf.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. What background is super Gerrina as is your new Wolf stamp, I'm sure we will see more of it very soon! Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Beautiful page and love that background and stamping.xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Beautiful Journal Page! Your wolf was truly captured in "the moment". We are so pleased you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. What beautiful pages! Your new stamp looks amazing, I love how your wolf is howling at the moon 😀. Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Happy and creative wishes, Jo x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Very effective background. Thank you for joining in with my make your own background challenge at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Great wold pages, Gerrina. That is a very cool stamp. Thank you for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. Eileen xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Wat een prachtige kaarten Gerrina
    Groetjes
    Margo

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Both beautiful pages but really love the first one with all the stamps
    carol x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. De 'bovenste beste' PRACHTIG is ie,love it!!!!
    Grtjs,
    Josje

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Fabulous cards.
    Thanks for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. Prachtige stempel! Vooral je bovenste creatie vind ik prachtig ♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Bedankt voor je berichtje! Ik lees ze elke keer met veel plezier.
Thanks for your comment! I read them with great pleasure.

Creatieve groetjes, Gerrina