"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." - Charles Mingus

vrijdag 25 september 2020

Wat begon als een snelle kaart... / What started as a quick card...

Vandaag had ik zin om een snelle kaart te maken, omdat er nog wel meer moest gebeuren. Dus weer in mijn achtergronden- en restjesbak gekeken en daar vond ik van alles. Ik legde er wat achtergronden uit en ook een schets van een vrouw. Hoewel ik verder keek, bleef die schets me trekken, dus...daar mee aan de gang gegaan. En daar ging het mis...je kent dat vast wel... na overtrekken heb ik er eerst een grovere stempel mee uitgesneden en daarna nog een lichtere versie Dus toen ik weer opkeek en de klok zag was ik zo'n 3 uur verder... Maar... ik heb me heerlijk vermaakt. Hoop dat jij ook geniet van het resultaat... Vanavond heb ik de foto's gemaakt, nadat ik toch nog heel wat heb kunnen doen...


Today I wanted to make a quick card, because I had a full day planned. So I looked in my box with backgrounds and leftover pieces again and found al kinds of things I could use. I put some backgrounds aside and a sketch from a woman. However I did look some more, I got draw back to that sketch, so...I went on working with that. And that is the moment it all went wrong...I'm sure you know what I mean...after I had traced the sketch I made a rough stamp of it and after that I made a bit more clean version. So when I looked up and looked at the clock again it was three hours later... But...I had a great time. Hope you enjoy the result aswel... Tonight I made the photo's, after all the things I stil could do...



Gebruikte materialen:
Used materials:
Stempels: 2x zelf gegutste stempel, IndigoBlu, Stamplorations,


Inkt: Versafine Onyx black, Stazon Black, Archival Faded jeans en Dusty concord, DI Salty ocean en Picked raspberries
Overige: goudkleurig papier, zwart papier met daarop een afdruk met glitters, Potlood, overtrekpapier, gutsen, carving block, boekpapier, papier met scheerschuimtechniek erop, aquarelpapier en blendingtool 



Creatieve groetjes,

Gerrina



Met deze kaart doe ik mee bij:
I am entering this card at:
Crafty Cardmakers: #263 Use a recycled element
De Egel Challenge: #106 Paperpiecing
More Mixed Media challenge: Anything goes opt. brown
Art Journal Journey: Texture
Shopping our stash: #429 Make a mesh! 

15 opmerkingen:

  1. So beautiful! I love the way that you used your scraps and the homemade stamp is fabulous 😁. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey and wishing you a happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is gorgeous Gerrina. Is it a card? Remember the rules for Art Journal JOurney says no cards, only journal pages. Thanks for sharing it though. And also Try It on Tuesday challenge is use your scraps so link up there too. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Heel mooie kaart! En zelf gegutst? Wat knap! En ja, soms tikt de klok de uren weg voor je er erg in hebt.
    Dank je wel voor het meedoen bij ons van de Egel.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. How great is this so much arty work, inspiring.xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh wow, you carved your own stamp, Gerrina ... how cool ... and clever! What great use of those three hours ... great layering ... and such an artsy finish! Hugs, Anita :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. So creative Gerrina, such effective use of leftover scraps, just shows never throw them away.

    B x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. What a stunning result Gerrina - love your self made stamps, and how you used them on this spectacular page. Doesn't time go fast when we are creating!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Beautiful!!!
    I love your stamp Gerrina!
    Alison xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Beautiful art with the stempels!
    I also feel more often so that one is so absorbed!
    Have a beautiful weekend
    Greeting Elke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Tof dat je werkte met een eigen stempel. Daar kruipt altijd tijd in.
    Fijn weekend. X

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. wat een mooie kaart en wat een mooie stempel heb je zelf gemaakt ja daar gaat veel tijd in zitten maar dan heb je ook wat. hij is super
    groetjes ellen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. A great stamp and wonderful card! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Your card is so pretty! I love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Ohhhhhhhh I love love love this!!!
    Love the colours, the stamp, the sketch feel - just awesome!
    Thanks for getting messy with the crew from Shopping our Stash!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Wat heb je dit op een mooie en bijzondere manier gemaakt. En zelf je stempel gemaakt. Prachtige uitvoering. Hartelijk dank voor het meedoen aan de uitdaging van de Egel. groetjes, Nelleke

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Bedankt voor je berichtje! Ik lees ze elke keer met veel plezier.
Thanks for your comment! I read them with great pleasure.

Creatieve groetjes, Gerrina