"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." - Charles Mingus

zondag 4 oktober 2026

Genieten aan het strand / Enjoying the beach

Een tijd terug heb ik wat Whimpsy stempels over genomen van een voormalig DT-lid van dat merk. Ik hou niet van de 'cute'-stempels waar dat merk het meest bekend om is, maar wel van wat scéne- en ondeugende stempels die ze mondjesmaat over de jaren uit hebben gebracht. 
Deze bijvoorbeeld; het was heerlijk om deze in te kleuren en gelukkig vond ik bijpassend papier...

A while back I bought some Whimpsy stamps from a former DT-member from that branche. I don't like the 'cute'stamps that the brand is best known for, but I do like some of the scene and bit cheeky stamps they've released sparingly over the years. 
This one was a delight to color and luckily I found some matching paper...




Gebruikte materialen:
Used materials:
Stempels: Whimpsy Stamps
Inkt: Versafine Clair Nocturne, DO Lost shadow, Tea dye, Gathered twigs, Lucky clover, Peeled paint, Pine needless, Mermaid lagoon en Festive berries
Overige: Aquarelpapier, rest stuk papieren keukenrol met verf van brayer, kraftpapier en wit cardstock, kwast en water en rood Stabillo All potlood



Creatieve groetjes,

Gerrina


Met dit project doe ik mee bij:
I am entering this project at:
Art Journal Journey: Beautiful world
Sisterhood of crafters: Frame it
NBUS Challenge: #91
Gem of a challenge: Challenge 9 Anything goes
Pammie's Inky Pinky challenges: #2639 Anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesdaychallenge: Anything goes
C.R.A.F.T. challenge: #790 Anything goes/grandparents

7 opmerkingen:

  1. What a wonderful scene you have coloured Gerrina, and I love your matching paper - it frames and complements the stamped image perfectly.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Mooi tafereeltje op een zonnige zondag morgen; daar wil je toch zo naar toe?
    Grt,
    Josje.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Love the beautifully coloured peaceful scene and textured paper.
    Carol x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Fijn dat je dingen kon overnemen en ook wat je zelf leuk vindt inderdaad. Mooie scene is dit, vakantie uitzicht! Prachtig kaartje en mooi gekleurd!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. What an absolutely colorful entry you have given us at AJJ using Mia's great theme.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Beautiful, Gerrina! Thank you for entering my challenge at Art Journal Journey.
    Hugs,
    Mia
    Co-administrator for AJJ
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Lovely card with this amazing design ♥

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Bedankt voor je berichtje! Ik lees ze elke keer met veel plezier.
Thanks for your comment! I read them with great pleasure.

Creatieve groetjes, Gerrina