"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." - Charles Mingus

vrijdag 3 november 2023

Pak elk moment / Catch every moment

De stempelset van deze zonnebloemen had ik heel lang geleden eens gezien en ik vond 'm toen heel mooi. Maar toen ik 'm later wou bestellen, kon ik deze nergens meer vinden. Mijn reactie is dan meestal: "Die was niet voor mij bestemd..." Maar een paar weken geleden zag ik deze zo maar ergens in een webshop staan. Dat was het teken voor mij dat ik deze nu wel moest bestellen... Eerst nog even goed door mijn stempels gekeken, maar ik kwam alleen een stel kleinere zonnebloemen tegen, dus deze ging in het winkelmandje. 
En gisteren, met wind en bijna een storm die om het huis giert, terwijl zo veel bladeren nog aan de bomen zitten en er nog zoveel bloemen en bloemtakken fier overeind staan, lijkt het me een van de laatste dagen dat de laatste zonnebloemen nog vrolijk omhoog kijken. Ik denk dat ze na al die wind wel allemaal neergegaan zijn...

The stamp set of these sunflowers was one I saw a long time ago and I liked it very much. But when I wanted to order it a bit later, I couldn't find it anywhere anymore. My reaction when something like that happens is: "Well it wasn't  for me..." But a few weeks ago I saw it simewhere in a webshop. That for me was a sign that I just had to order it now... First I went trough my stamps, but I only found a stamp of much smaller sunflowers, so... this one dissappeared into my shopping cart.
And yesterday, with the wind and almost a storm howling around the house, while there are still so many leaves on the trees and so many flowers and flower branches that are standing tall, it seems to me that this was one of the last days that the few sunflowers that were still up and looking so happy upwards will be doing that. I think they will lay down after this wind...




Gebruikte materialen:
Used materials:
Stempels: Joy, Action
Stencil: Dutch DooBaDoo
Inkt:  Versafine Clair Nocturne, 
Overige: Aquarelpapier, aquarelbrushes, kwast en water en meisje op plastic



Creatieve groetjes,

Gerrina


Met deze kaart doe ik mee bij:
I am entering this card at:
Art Journal Journey: Nature
HobbyVision: #138 Alles mag
NBUS Challenge: #56
Crafts Galore Encore challenge: #117 Anything goes
Ellibelle's I spy with my little eye...: #68 Shades of Autumn
Beautiful blossoms challenge: Anything goes flowers opt. moodboard 
Happy Little Stampers Watercolourchallenge: Anything goes 

13 opmerkingen:

  1. Clearly you were meant to have this stamp set Gerrina, always love seeing Sunflowers, such bright and cheery blooms.

    B

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This is very fun Gerrina. I wish sunflowers were so big I could sit on them. Wouldn't that be something? Thanks for joining Jo's challenge, and happy November. hugs-Erika

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Such a fun and fabulous page! I love sunflowers, they are such happy flowers 😊. Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ and I hope you're keeping well! Hugs, Jo x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. What a fascinating use of your new sunflower stamp Gerrina - this is a rather whimsical, and fabulous, page. A gorgeous background also
    Blessings
    Maxine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Een mooie pagina met de prachtige zonnebloemstempel.
    Ja voor jullie was het een enorme storm, maar wij (NO) hadden er dit keer weinig last van.
    Groetjes, Els

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. What fun it would be to be able to sit on tall sunflowers and admire the view. Beautiful creation and, as you know, I love sunflowers. xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. A really fun scene you created here! Love the sunflowers!
    Thanks so much for playing along at I spy with my little eye!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. How wonderful life would be if it were filled with giant sunflowers so we could capture the beauty of nature around us. Lovely art work.
    Tracey

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. What a fabulous page Gerrina. I love seeing the sunflower fields in France but have noticed that sunflowers seem to flower longer in gardens, Thank you for sharing at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Love the sunflowers. I wish this wasn't a card, since we are a journal blog only. However, thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey using Jo's nature theme.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Very cute design and great coloring. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Great design Gerrina - love the sunflowers! Thanks so much for playing along with my theme of "Shades of Autumn" at Ellibelle's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge this month.
    Pauline xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. What a clever card! I love how you placed the photographer among the pretty sunflowers. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Watercolour Challenge.

    sue n.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Bedankt voor je berichtje! Ik lees ze elke keer met veel plezier.
Thanks for your comment! I read them with great pleasure.

Creatieve groetjes, Gerrina